Saturday 29 December 2012

Hic, Yum and OOOH my head!

Hi everyone, I promised I'd let you know about Christmas with Jack and friends.  We had a fun time as you'll see, but for some reason Alan isn't talking to me.
 On Christmas Eve Jack came over with LT and stayed the night. After Santa came we decided it was time to do some vestigating. "Vestigating?" said Jack. "Yeah, you know, poking around and finding things out." "Ah" said Jack, "nothing to do with clothes or anything.  That's fine, let's get on with it."
 Hey, look what we found! A bear in a stocking. We had to get our photo taken. Don't we all look fine.
 "Oh," siad Jack, "I think I've found LT's stocking. Isn't her name very posh looking.  There's lots of STUFF in here, but maybe we should leave it alone.  Have you found anything Jockie boy?"
 "Who? Oh, me. Yep I think I've found Alan's, but D A D D Y seems to be a funny way to spell Alan. There's lots more STUFF in here too.  Shouldn't we open them?"
 "Better not, those humans can turn nasty you know."  But then they arrived and we helped them. (Ah, is that what you call mayhem?) Oh stop complaining you were just as bad if not worse.
Then we were abandoned!!!
The humans went out for dinner, leaving us in charge. So we had to do more vestigating.
"Hey Jack what's in here do you think?"
 "I dunno, but maybe we ought to have a look."
 "Look, look it's another bear." "great Stuff Jock with three of us we can have a party!!!!  Hello bear, what's your name?"  "Oh hello," came a very growly voice. "My name's Edwood. Help me get out of this bag."
 So, we huffed and we puffed and tried to pull him up, but he's a very weighty bear and we rocked things about so much the whole bag fell over and out came Edwood.  Oh how we giggled.
 Next we opened a box and there was a bear in it.  So we all said in chorus "Hello." and "Who are you?" and he said, "I don't know!" "Oh dear, everybear has a name you know?" "But I don't," he said. So he's just the Bear in the Box for now.  He said in a tiny voice and Carolina accent. "I came from a long way away, from Sebastian's hug." "Whoopee," said Jack, "That's where I came from," and that's the last we saw of both of them for a while as they caught up on all the news.
 We noticed after a while that we were sitting on a book, so we climbed down and sat around it wondering what was inside it.  Then we saw it was the Bear's Own Annual.  So the others asked me to open it, 'cos they wanted to hear all the adventures inside it.
 When we opened it we found it was the very best sort of book - a hollow one filled with biscuits!
 We only ate a couple of those and then we all sat around and some bear said, "What are we going to do now?" Everybear else said, "I don't know. What are we going to do now?"
 Well, we sat and thought and thought and then Jack said, "Hey there are four of us now! Paws up, who wants to have a party?" Well, Edwood put his paw up and I put two paws up and Bear in a Box swung higher and higher saying, "Me too, me too.You cain't leave me out of the purty."
 Next we thought, "What do you need for a good party?" Some food and drink of course and just nearby we found some hunny, and some choclits and some wine and some brandy. "Oh that'll do just fine," said Jack.
 So Jack and I went over to see if we could get into them.  Jack shinned his way up the wine bottle, but after a lot of huffing and puffing he had to admit he couldn't get at the wine never mind sharing it.
 We had a bit of a thunk and Jack whispered in my ear  "Whisper, whisper, whisper." "Oh get on with it Jack! "Sorry, do you think that Edwood might be able to help?"  He's strong enough to do what we need. Maybe you should ask him."  "Me, why me?" "Well," said Jack, " he's from LT's hug like you and you probably speak in the same accent."
 So I went and sat on Edwood's lap and explained to hime what was needed. "Umm," said Edwood, "Dat sounds like a GREAT idea."  I know, aren't we bears clever?
 So Edwood went and sat behind the bottles and rocked them back and forth until...
 Thump, thump down they fell.  "Now we're in business bears!" said Jack
"Me first, 'cos I thought about it." said Jack as he took a long slow slurp of wine.
 "My turn now," I said, "'Cos I got Edwood to do the needful." That's how I got drunk. So it's all Jack's fault really. "Not," "Oh yes it is," "IS NOT," "IS, is, is," "NOT, not, not. You pushed me out of the way to get your share." I aspose he's right. It's really my own fault, but he helped.
 "Now it's me, for I DID the needful," Said Edwood. He fairly craddled the bottle when he'd done.
 "What about me!!!!!" came the plaintive cry from the swing, so we bearhandled the bottle over and Bear in a Box got his share and more.  We'd had so much wine we left the brandy alone - just as well as the bottle looked empty!
 "What comes next?" said Edwood, "I'm hungry." "Ha, thought of that," I said, and I rolled in the hunny.
 "Yeah, well, that's all good, but how are we going to get it out?" said Jack.  Not a problem, 'cos Santa left Ann and Alan some funny spoon things called "Sporks" and I think that one of them will do the trick." And it did.
 By now were were sticky and very merry too, and then I said "I wants shome shocklit." "Shome wha?" said Jack. "You knows, Jack, shome shocklit. 'S over there in the big red box. Edwood bring over the shocklit in tha' red box." "Ohhhkay, here t'is, hic. But how are we going to get any out?"
 "I knows," said Jack in a funny woozy voice,"I can get inside and lob them out."
 And that everybeary is what he did
 We all got at least one.
 Jack and I helped unwrap them by pulling on the ends of the wrappers and soon we were sticky and chocolaty.
 Then we had a bit of rough and tumble as bears do, and we had great fun.
Caught in the act
 Then, disaster, the humans came home.  Alan looked into his box of chocolates and there were NONE LEFT.  He was very upset. Maybe that's why he isn't speaking to us anymore.
 Then LT and Ann came in and were horrified.
 This is what they saw. Four tipsy bears sound asleep in a big heap.
Then we all up with VERY SORE HEADS and quite icky tummies too. But it was all worth it 'cos it was FUN.  (You might say that, but what about my chocs?) Ah, get over it you need to lose weight anyway.

Hugs,

Jock, Jack, Edwood and Bear in a Box

3 comments:

  1. My, My, My...now you boys are my kinda bears - P A R T Y.

    Is that Mr. Grinch, oops, Mr. Alan looking into that empty chocolate box? Tell him he shouldn't make those face, if his face froze like that he would be sorry. (o:

    Oh LT, and Miss Ann, chill...the boys were just makin' merry.

    The morale of the story - don't leave your hug alone on Christmas Day while you go out to dinner. Geez...don't you guys now anything?

    Hugs anyway
    Prudence ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi new friend,
    has been very amusing to look at your Blog! your delicious bears are beautiful and amusing.
    You are very good to tell and to make amusing photos.
    Good new year 2013

    RosaRita

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi boys! And a belated Merry Christmas!

    I have to say it looks very much like you've started your New Year's celebrating about a week or so early. My my! And chocolate too. You guys definitely lean towards the mischievous.

    Perhaps Alan could find some mercy for the drink but really, ALL the chocolate???

    Happy New Year! Oh, sorry, sh-h-h-h. I didn't mean to shout!

    hugs,
    ~ginger

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.