Thursday 2 August 2012

Yippee - Off to the Bearlympics

Hi all,

Just a quick post to-day to say that we're all packed and ready to go off to the Bearlympics - though I see from my tickets that some people are calling them the "Olympics" whatever that means. (Sorry bear "Olympics" is correct, but you can call them Bearlympics if you like.) I do and I will. If they were meant to be called Olympics we'd all have to be Irish wouldn't we? (Erm, I am Irish, so it is appropriate  as far as I'm concerned.) Not my fault, I'm Bearish so Bearlympics must be right.
Here I am with my ticket and there's another for Jack, but I don't know what LT and the Hired Help are going to do. (The tickets are for the humans, bears get free entry, isn't that nice.) Smashing I'd say, but proper for a Bearlympics.  Aren't the ticket pretty colours?

Anyway we've packed our bags and I've got my Bearlympic rowing pin badge on a nice red ribbon. In a couple of hours we're off to pick up LT and Jack at the railway station and then a big long drive to near where the rowing will be held.  

Tomorrow we have to get up early to get to the park, but I 'spect  that Jack and I can go on snoozing while the help carry us. LT and Himself will be laden with cameras (and bears) and Jack and I will just go as we are, travelling light as ever.  

We're all ready to roar on Kath Grainger and Anna Watkins in the ladies double sculls and Alan Campbell in the men's singles, and we'll shout at all the others too. I hope I can get a flag to wave.  (Ehm, we'll see shall we?)

I'll tell you all about it when we get back.  Look out for me on the television, I'm sure to feature.

Hugs,

Jock.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jock,

    I have the TV on. Where are you? Oh that's right. You have to drive there first. Well, I'm sure they will announce your arrival so I'll have the volume way way up so I can hear them call your name. I'm going outside to play for a while. Bring home a gold medal or a piece of chocolate. Whatever suits your fancy! And most of all - have a great time and lots of fun!

    All the best to you,
    Sebastian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah. Say 'ello to Jack for me. He's a good little guy.

    Sebastian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jock,

    Oh, Prudence would be so excited to hear about this. I will make sure to tell her when we are at Camp Good Bear's Bearents Day on Saturday.

    Watch for telly cameras and wave your paws - we will see you.

    Hugs
    Prudence's Mom

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.